On this page I’ve compiled a list of tools that I use on a regular basis.
No matter whether you are managing a portfolio of clients or your own projects, online marketers share specific needs in terms of tracking campaigns, running marketing experiments and optimizing productivity.
Disclaimer: some of the links below are affiliate links. If you purchase through them, I might earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you). Please note that I only recommend tools that I personally use and find valuable.
Marketing and Advertising
A collection of useful tools to run online marketing and advertising campaigns.
- WhatRunsWhere: the best display advertising spy tools for desktop and mobile advertising (3-day trial)
- SEM Rush: spy tool to analyse AdWords search network strategies in 24 countries
- AdBeat: spy tool for search and display network strategies
- Overplay VPN: VPN service with servers in 48 countries (great for spying on ads in other countries)
- LeadPages: maximise conversion rates with LeadPages landing pages and opt-in boxes
- SimilarWeb: research tool to uncover entire online marketing strategies (get the free browser plugin!)
- Studiopress: awesome WordPress Themes at an affordable price
- Google Ad Preview: check AdWords ads in any country on any device
- AdWords Keyword Planner: keyword research tool for search campaigns
- AdWords Display Planner: placement research tool for display campaigns
- Thalamus: a searchable database of all advertising networks
Here are articles where I’ve put together the best tools for specific tool categories:
A list of productivity tools I couldn’t live without!
- Focus at Will: music optimised for productivity (my favorite channel “Up Tempo”)
- Trello: my favorite system to manage projects, gather and organize ideas and more. Powerful and free!
- Things: for daily to-do lists, recurring to-do’s, scheduling tasks etc.
- 1Password: login to any of your online accounts with just one shortcut
- Chrome: sync all of your browser settings and bookmarks across devices + multiple profiles
Other tools that I use on a regular basis.
- TransferWise: the cheapest way to send and receive international payments
- 99designs: outsource any design task